by Dr Agilan Arjunan , Fertility Specialist&Gynaecologist, KL Fertility Centre (Malaysia)
I was listening to The Mindset Mentor by Rob Dial about lessons learned fromVOVID-19.
Take home message: “COVID-19 pandemic not only exposes holes in our government/health system , but also holes within ourselves.”
These are the points :
- Everything happens for a reason. You don’t need to know the reason, just be “OK” with what’s happening and knowing that you are doing your best in this world.
- In long term, more good things will come out of these . For example, the waters in the canals in Venice , Italy is more clear now and air quality improves. This is due to restriction of movement order. So maybe more good things will happen because we start looking at doing things differently now.
- Are you worrying too much ? Worry comes from being out of control of something. If you worry too much, it only means that you have a control problem. Something perhaps you need to look into this further. You worry too much of things which are out of your control .
- Focus on what you CAN control within your small circle of influence. You can control what happens to you and around you.
- You learn to choose between LOVE and FEAR during COVID-19 pandemic. Ask yourself , “When you go to a grocery store, do you let an elderly person get their items first of you grab it first out of fear ? ” . If you choose or take the item to yourself, it’s out of fear that you may go hungry.
- This COVID-19 pandemic shall pass. The question is how are we going to use this to change ourselves for a better future.
Image : Creator: File Credit: via REUTERS