by Dr. Agilan Arjunan, Fertility Specialist & Gynaecologist ,KL Fertility Centre ( Malaysia)
Top 3 questions my patients ask me regarding COVID-19 and Pregnancy :
Watch my IGTV video here : https://www.instagram.com/tv/B-FOS3Ej8CY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- Are pregnant women more at risk of getting COVID-19 infection ?
- At the moment , pregnant women does not appear to be at higher risk of getting COVID-19 compared to the general population.
- Pregnant women do undergo changes in their bodies which makes them more susceptible to other infections
- Majority of pregnant women may show only mild to moderate flu like symptoms
2. Can COVID-19 cause any problem during pregnancy ?
- Currently we do not know if COVID-19 infection causes any problem during pregnancy or to be baby after delivery.
- Currently there is no evidence of intrauterine infection from COVID-19
- It is assumed that probably there is no affect on intrauterine fetal growth
3. Can COVID-19 be transmitted from mother to baby ?
- We do not know if COVID-19 can be transmitted from mother to baby.